For the past few years a small group of us has endeavoured to fit in one long weekend mountain trip to Europe. Past trips have included Switzerland, Polish Tatras, Mount Triglav in the Slovenia Alps. Last year we ventured a little further afield to summit Mount Toubkal in Morroco. Our plans are follow a usual format of budget airlines out on a Wed/Thurs and back Monday, leaving time for 3 days in the mountains, staying in huts and a day/evening back in civilisation at a local city for come culture, food and a shower!
The past few years trips have included:-
- Mount Toubkal, Morrocco – see Flickr album here
- Mount Triglav traverse, Slovenian Alps – see blog post here and Flickr album here
- Tatra Mountains, Poland – see blog post here
- Tour de Wildhorn, Switzerland – see blog post here
- Via Ferrata in the Dolomites – see blog post here
- Chamonix and Gran Paradiso – see blog post here