For the past few years a small group of us has endeavoured to fit in one long weekend mountain trip to Europe each year. Past trips have included Switzerland, Polish Tatras, Mount Triglav in the Slovenia Alps, eventually venturing further afield to Mount Toubkal in Morocco.
In 2018 we bought a campervan for a 3-month trip around Europe and which now serves as a based for more adventures.
The past few years trips have included:-
- 2-week campervan trip to Poland – see PolarSteps route here
- 3-month campervan trip in summer 2018 including Norway, Sweden, German, Austria, Dolomites, France here
- Via Ferrata – Tre Cime area, Dolomites – see blog post here
- Iceland – road-trip around western Iceland – see blog post here
- Mount Triglav traverse, Slovenian Alps – see blog post here and Flickr album here
- Tatra Mountains, Poland – see blog post here
- Tour de Wildhorn, Switzerland – see blog post here
- Via Ferrata in the Dolomites – see blog post here
- Chamonix and Gran Paradiso – see blog post here
Recent #Europe posts
The video below is a compilation of our overnight stops during our three month trip to Europe in the summer of 2018. I’ve also added all our overnight stops from our three month Europe trip on the map below. Blue = free/wild overnight spots Red = campsite/aire paid overnight stops Read More …
A somewhat belated post as we are already a month into our trip. We bought our campervan (a Westfalia Columbus 600D) last August with the idea of eventually taking an extended break from work and undertaking a tour around Europe. Fast forward to this year and after a couple of Read More …
We returned to the Dolomites this year for our annual boys weekend away, heading for the Tre Cima range north-west of Cortina. Although early in the season and some huts not yet open, we’d booked in to Refugio Lavaredo which sits at the foot of the iconic Tre Cima triple Read More …